BA115 - JPEG decoder
The BA115 is a JPEG Intellectual property (IP) core intended for high-speed decoding of grayscale, color or multi-scan images compressed with ISO/IEC 10918-1 baseline coding standard.
The decoder supports all features of the baseline standard, including restart markers and full header parsing.
The BA115 is able to decode abbreviated-format or full-format images, automatically extracting the quantization and entropy tables.
Its autonomous behavior, its simple FIFO-like interfaces and its 100% synchronous structure allow integrating it very easily in a complex system with little effort.
The ease of integration of this powerful IP is reinforced by the stand-alone ability of the decoder that can be used in systems without CPU intervention.
- Compliant with baseline JPEG (ISO/IEC 10918-1)
- Support for color images (single and multi-scan format) Single clock cycle per pixel component decoding
- Single clock cycle Huffman decoding
- Full header parsing capability
- Automatic on-the-fly Huffman and quantization tables reprogramming from header data
- Header error catching features
- Support for full-format and abbreviated-format, including restart markers
- Simple FIFO interfaces for compressed data and pixel data interfaces
- Simple CPU interface for decoder programming
- Easy-to-use status and control interface through six internal registers
- Programmable external interrupt for event follow-up
- Four entropy tables (two DC, two AC), four quantization tables
- Burst image-sequence decoding support for images with identical tables
- 8x8 block-format pixel output with classical scan order
- Fully stallable compressed-data interface; stallable pixel interface on a block-by-block basis
- Fully synchronous hardware design
- IEEE 1180-1990 compatible IDCT for number precision requirements