BA116 - JPEG encoder
The BA116 is a JPEG Intellectual property (IP) core intended for high-speed encoding of grayscale, color or multi-scan images using ISO/IEC 10918-1 baseline coding standard.
The encoder supports all features of the baseline standard, including restart markers, DNL, user-definable comments and application markers.
The BA116 is able to encode abbreviated-format or full-format images. If preferred, pre-defined default entropy and quantization tables are available.
Its autonomous behavior, its simple FIFO-like interfaces and its 100% synchronous structure allow integrating the IP very easily in a complex system with little effort.
The ease of integration of this powerful IP core is reinforced by the stand-alone ability of the encoder that can be used in systems with very little CPU intervention.
- Compliant with baseline JPEG (ISO/IEC 10918-1)
- Support for color images (single and multi-scan format)
- Single clock cycle per pixel component encoding
- Single clock cycle Huffman encoding
- Full header building capability
- Automatic internal Huffman and quantization tables programming based on header data
- Support for full-format and abbreviated-format, including restart markers and restart interval
- One-pass encoding scheme with bit rate regulation if enabled
- Simple FIFO interfaces for compressed data and pixel data interfaces
- Simple CPU interface for encoder and headers programming
- Easy-to-use status and control interface
- Programmable external interrupt for event follow-up
- Four entropy tables (two DC, two AC), four quantization tables
- Burst image-sequence encoding support for images with identical tables
- 8x8 block-format pixel input with classical scan order
- Fully stallable compressed-data and pixel interfaces