BA130 - Sub-frame latency JPEG 2000 encoder
Capitalizing on its long-term experience with JPEG 2000 hardware coding, Barco Silex offers a large JPEG 2000 portfolio including this compact real-time hardware encoder engine that is optimized for low-latency video applications. The core architecture offers a flexible and high-speed solution to meet the challenges of high-end broadcast applications. The BA130 is able to sustain up to 180 frames per second in 1080i format, for compressed stream bitrates extending up to 400 megabit per second.
The BA130 IP core encodes YUV 4:2:2 frames up to 1080p or larger and generates compressed stream which are compliant with the ISO/IEC 15444-1 specifications (JPEG 2000).
The BA130 IP is the complement of the BA129 sub-frame latency JPEG 2000 decoder IP, to which it can be directly connected.
The IP core performs the complete video compression operations of the normalized encoding process:
- Discrete wavelet transform (DWT)
- Entropy encoding
- Rate allocation
- Stream packetizing
The BA130 accepts pixels on its input interface with up to 12 bits per color components and it generates a JPEG 2000 compliant stream. Optional modules can be provided for video interfacing and temporary output stream buffering in order to facilitate the integration process.
The BA130 IP provides a single-FPGA solution for 720p30-180, 1080i30-180 and 1080p30-90 video modes, with a total pixel-to-pixel latency below 9ms for 1080i/p60, below 5ms for 1080i/p120 and below 3ms for 1080i/p180 when used together with the BA129 decoder.
The flexible FPGA architecture allows the user to build a secure encoder by integrating Barco Silex cryptography IP cores.
- Sub-frame latency encoding (< 6ms)
- Full image encoding (no tiling)
- Compliant with JPEG 2000 (ISO/IEC 15444-1)
- Integrated Intellectual Property (IP) core for JPEG 2000
- Single-FPGA solution:
- HD: 720p30-180, 1080i30-180, 1080p30-90
- DCI: 2K, 4K
- Custom frame sizes up to 8K or larger
- Customizable output bit rate: up to 200Mbps / 400Mbps
- YUV 4:2:2 color space
- Supported JPEG 2000 parameters:
- Pixel depth: up to 12 bits per color sample
- Full frame encoding (no tiling)
- Flexible Tier-2 for rate allocation
- Quality: quantization, weights, …
- Minimal user intervention