High-speed and scalable AES-GCM engine
AES-GCM is an authenticated encryption algorithm designed to provide both authentication and privacy. The GCM is based on CTR Mode (Counter Mode) for encryption and a Galois field multiplication for authentication.
The unique architecture of our AES-GCM Ip core enables very high throughput from 10 Gbps to 100 Gbps while maintaining an optimal resource usage. The scalability of the IP enables to find a trade-off between resources, performance and technology. It is very easily portable to ASIC and FPGA (Xilinx, Altera) technologies. The BA415 addresses a wide range of networking applications where security is a concern. The BA415 AES-GCM includes key management and context switching. The optimized context switching enables handling of multiple virtual streams of data within a single core. The key can be selected for each packet independently. The advanced pipelined architecture of the AES-GCM core enables small data packets to be processed without penalty on performance.
- Off-the-shelf, predictable and silicon-proven solution
- Portability: ASIC, Altera and Xilinx
- Compliant with NIST SP800-38D
- Unique balance between area and performances
- Supports small packets (64 bytes) without performance penalty
- Support key update on the fly between packets
- Supports 128-bit and 256-bit key with integrated Key Expansion
- Data interface
- FIFO-like interface
- AXI-4 Stream
- Self-checking Test-Bench based on FIPS vectors
- Low power features
- IEEE 802.1AE (MACsec) Ethernet security
- ANSI (INCITS) Fibre Channel Security Protocols (FC-SP)
- IEEE P1619.1 tape storage
- IETF IPsec standards (RFC 4106)
- SSH and TLS/SSL.
- High speed networking and storage in general