Viper – OEM Board for 4K HDMI transport over IP
The Viper OEM boards are fully integrated boards that enable the development of ultra-low latency audio/video over IP products. The transmit and receive boards are production-ready and reduce the cost of the system. Viper-HV-4K features high resolutions up to 4K/UHD over a single 1 Gb Ethernet cable. The HDMI video is transported over Ethernet after compression with the VC-2 High Quality video compression.
- Video conferencing
- Residential Audio/Video distribution
- Digital signage
- Video wall
- Real-time local video network
- HDMI extender
- HDMI capture and transmission to server
- VC-2 HQ encoding/decoding
HDMI distribution over IP network
Ultra-low latency 4K/UHD Video transport over 1G Ethernet
The Viper TX and RX boards are optimized for real-time audio/video transmission. The latency is extremely low, only 5ms, even though the video signal is compressed. This is only possible thanks to the VC-2 HQ codec that only adds a few video lines of latency compared to an uncompressed solution.
Easy networking capabilities for video and audio
The Viper OEM boards can be used to efficiently transport audio/video streams over an IP network (unicast and multicast). The TX board is used to interface the HDMI source to the network, while one or multiple RX boards can be used to receive the audio/video stream. Several TX boards can be used on the same network in order to share the content of multiple HDMI sources. Each RX board can select the channel to listen to.
The details that make the difference
Secure and reliable audio/video transmission
Advanced image processing capabilities
Power over Ethernet (PoE)
The Viper products can also be tailored to your needs. The on-board SoC FPGA is an extremely flexible solution. The video/audio path is processed in real-time within the FPGA fabric while the processor is handling all the control and configuration of the board. Both the FPGA firmware and the CPU software can be changed to match your needs. Please contact our sales team to discuss your specific requirements. The expertise of Barco Silex in high-end video technology is the guarantee for a fast time-to-market with a high quality product.
More Viper technology
Additional features and options will be integrated in next-generation products, enabling additional use cases and applications. Here is an overview of the most important features:
- JPEG 2000 codec: Very high quality with JPEG 2000 encoding enables higher compression of the video content with a visually lossless quality. The transport is also very low latency.
- HDMI 2.0: Support for the latest HDMI interface standard for even higher video pixel rates (higher resolution and frame rate).
- 10 GbE: Faster networking interface for either lower compression ratio or higher resolution video transport.
- Uncompressed Video: Raw video transmission without any encoding for critical applications.
The Viper 4K HDMI over IP OEM product family includes a couple of complementary products. There is the transmitter board, and the receiver board:
VIPER-HV4K-TX: Transmitter HDMI over IP 4K with VC-2 HQ compression
VIPER-HV4K-RX: Receiver HDMI over IP 4K with VC-2 HQ compression